Daily aches are something just about everyone experiences. However, just because something is common doesn’t mean you have to accept it. You deserve to live your best life – whether that means being able to tend to your garden, keep up with your kids on the playground or maintain your morning running routine. Both lifestyle habits and certain nutrients can offer support for those daily aches we all feel.
- Magnesium is an essential mineral that assists over 300 enzymes in the body.*
- It can offer support for daily aches, muscles and bones.*
- Daily aches are normal – but there are ways to offer soothing support.*
- Not all magnesium is created equal; some forms are poorly absorbed.
- It is available through food (but many of us don’t get enough), so that’s where supplements can offer support.*
- New Magnesium Motion includes 3 highly bioavailable forms (so you can feel it!).*
- ATA Mg® is blended with magnesium malate to help soothe daily aches, maintain healthy muscle function and recovery.*
- The addition of magnesium glycinate supports normal resistance to life’s daily stressors and restful sleep, healthy bones and cardiovascular function.*
Did you know that magnesium is essential for the body to function properly? It's often called the "missing mineral" because so many people are deficient in it. Magnesium plays a role in over 300 biochemical reactions in the body, and it is necessary for muscles to relax, energy production and healthy nerve function. In addition, magnesium can help support the body's response to daily aches.*
How Magnesium Offers Support for Daily Aches*
Magnesium is a mineral that supports vital processes of both the mind and body. While it is available through food, today’s modern diets lack adequate supplies – especially when we reach for overly processed foods – and many supplements contain forms of magnesium the body can’t unlock easily, so you won’t feel the full results.
Magnesium is an essential nutrient, meaning it’s one that we need to consume through food or in supplement form – our bodies can’t make it on their own. It is sometimes called the “relaxation mineral,” due to the way it interacts with certain bodily processes and enzymatic reactions.
In the musculoskeletal system, magnesium assists with bone development, protein synthesis and muscle and nerve function. It also helps with the active transport of calcium and potassium across cell membranes, which is crucial for maintaining normal heart rhythm, contraction of muscle tissue and nerve impulse conduction.*
Since it promotes healthy muscle function and recovery, magnesium maintains healthy muscles.* When your muscles are functioning at their optimal level, you can experience improvements in your range of motion and daily performance, whether you’re playing with your grandkids or crushing PRs at the gym.* If you’re working on your gains, magnesium plays a role there, too. Protein synthesis (the process of arranging amino acids into protein) is necessary for muscle growth.
Though calcium and, to a lesser extent, vitamin D get the glory when it comes to maintaining strong and healthy bones, magnesium also does its fair share.* This mineral supports strong bones by assisting with maintenance, production and overall function of your bones.* Your bones are your body’s foundation, so keeping them strong is super important, especially as we age.
And it also soothes daily aches!* Magnesium blocks certain receptors in the brain to promote relaxation and offer soothing support.* From brain health and women’s health to metabolic functions and sleep, certain forms of magnesium are able to offer you the support you need to stand up to occasional aches and discomfort. (More on that below – make sure you’re choosing the right form of magnesium based on your goals!)
8 Ways to Cope with Daily Aches*
Since we can’t wave a magic wand and feel 100% perfect all day, every day, it’s important to have a few ways to cope with daily aches.* Keep these tips in mind the next time you “feel your age” or overdo it at the gym. And, of course, always talk to your health-care provider before starting a new routine.
- Drink plenty of water. Our bodies are mostly water, after all. Don’t wait until you’re thirsty to reach for water – sip regularly throughout the day. Staying hydrated helps keep joints and connective tissues healthy, by keeping them well-lubricated so they can move through their range of motion comfortably.
- Stay active. There’s a saying that “the body that rests eventually rusts.” Human beings are designed to move, but our modern lives often keep us from moving as much as we’d like. Regular movement – including walking or gentle stretching – can help keep your muscles, bones and joints healthy. Aim for at least 10 minutes twice a day, working your way up to 30 minutes to an hour at a time.
- Choose function over fashion. Dress to impress if you must, but dress for comfort whenever you can. The shoes and clothes we wear can have an impact on our daily aches, too. Ditch the heels for supportive shoes as often as possible – your feet and the rest of your body will thank you!
- Don’t forget to stretch. Stretching helps your muscles maintain flexibility and your joints maintain mobility. You don’t need to be a human pretzel, but some gentle stretches can help offset daily aches and imbalances within the body.
- Always warm up and cool down. It can be hard enough to make time for a workout, so the extra minutes you need for a warm-up and cooldown might seem like overkill. These sessions are as important as your workout itself! Warming up primes your cardiovascular system for exercise, as well as your muscles and joints. And cooling down lets your heart rate and breathing gradually return to normal while also offering helpful benefits to your musculoskeletal system.
- Treat yourself to some self-care. Whether it’s a long hot soak with lavender oil and Epsom salts, a biweekly massage or some quality time with your foam roller to work out some knots, self-care is important! Daily aches might be common, but that doesn’t mean you need to suffer through them.* If you find a way to deal with them that you enjoy, make time for it.
- Rest up. Sleep is the time your body budgets for repair and restoration. Getting adequate healthy rest (at least seven hours a night for adults) gives your body the time it needs to rebuild after a tough workout, for example.
- Reach for magnesium. This essential mineral is a real workhorse in the body and mind. While not all forms have the same potential to offer soothing support, certain ones (like the ones in our new Magnesium Motion formula) are formulated for optimal absorption.* The difference is magnesium you can feel – so you can continue to live your best life!*
About Magnesium Motion
Enzymedica recently launched a form of magnesium that you can feel – and it’s designed to offer support for total body wellness.* Magnesium Motion combines three highly bioavailable forms of magnesium to target daily aches, muscle and bones. Formulated for optimal absorption, ATA Mg® is ideal for the brain and women’s health.*
When paired with magnesium malate and magnesium glycinate, this synergistic trio soothes daily aches, promotes healthy muscle function and recovery while also supporting healthy bones and cardiovascular function.* Magnesium glycinate is well-known to support restful sleep, the nervous system, healthy bones and heart function.* Magnesium malate soothes daily aches and promotes healthy muscle function and recovery. *
About ATA Mg®
Enzymedica’s new Magnesium Mind and Magnesium Motion supplements feature patented ATA Mg®, which offers superior absorption to the brain and cells, compared with many forms of magnesium such as citrate and oxide. ATA Mg® combines this potent mineral with taurine, an amino acid used by the body to deliver magnesium ions to the cells. This unique combination has been clinically proven to absorb 24% faster – for a difference you can feel. Taurine plays critical roles in healthy brain function and acts on neuromodulation and relaxation. It is also a powerful antioxidant, reducing free radicals produced in the brain. ATA Mg® has been proven to cross the blood-brain barrier and modulate excitatory neurotransmitters.*
The Enzymedica Difference
Enzymedica has provided natural digestive health and wellness goods that are clean, long-lasting, and efficient for over 20 years. Regardless of your specific symptoms and/or health goals, our products are always formulated to meet the same stringent standards. And we always promise to use the finest ingredients found on the planet, each one backed by the most advanced scientific research.
Our portfolio of products continues to grow and expand. We aim to serve new and long-term consumers, for your current and future digestive and systematic needs.*
When it comes to overall wellness of your body, mind and spirit, digestion is key. At Enzymedica, the leading brand digestive enzyme supplements in America, we offer exceptional solutions for natural digestive health and wellness. Every one of our products is uniquely formulated to be as efficacious as possible. Whether you choose one of our digestive enzyme supplements or our magnesium, you can trust that we maintain the same standards.
Magnesium Motion contains no gluten, milk, casein, soy, egg, and no fillers or artificial colors or flavors either!